Working with Plants
For your convenience, a partially completed 511C form is provided
(pdf format). 511C Form for Working with Plants.To ensure a successful day, it is essential to review BOTH the Program Specific Information below AND the General Guidelines
Program Specific Information
1. Before coming, have students watch The Greenhouse
- a movie/podcast outlining what to expect for their visit; this reminds students:
- dress in layers (e.g. a T-shirt and a sweater /sweatshirt) because the greenhouse is often warm
- the greenhouse is not like a classoom - in order to reach the plants activities are often completed while standing or walking
- bring a bottle of water - no drinking fountains at the Greenhouse
- all program materials are provided
2. Students need two TTC tickets: one to get to the program and one to return to school.
Program Location and Travel Instructions:
is located at 1 Danforth Avenue on the property of the Adult Learning Centre (south west corner of Broadview and Danforth Avenues). To get there:
Go to the Broadview Subway Station. Cross to the south west corner of Broadview and Danforth Avenues. Walk south along the path by the chain link fence until you come to the Greenhouse.
by School Bus:
Busses pull into the main entrance of the Adult Learning Centre (the entrance is west of Broadview and runs south off Danforth Avenue). The Greenhouse is located east of the school.